The PDC Advance + is a lightning protection device that intercepts lightning up to a distance of 107 meters. Its starter device actively captures the lightning, providing more safety than a traditional lightning rod . This system stores the electrical energy of the atmosphere, and releases it in the form of an ascending tracer, capturing the lightning at a greater height.
These protection radii are calculated and tested based on CTE SU8, UNE 21186, NCF 17102 and NP 4426 standards .
*Radii of protection in meters for a tip height of 6 meters in relation to the plane to be protected.
As a result of our R+D+I, our Advance + lightning rod has the following new technologies:
- EAC-Stabilization of Advance in Priming : The dual energy block allows to achieve a maximum deviation of 5% in advance time based on product certification regulations.
- DSF-Forced Blowing Deionization : Allows Venturi Effect deionization of the ionization vault, releasing a large quantity of hot air at the moment of lightning strike, expelling the carbon produced in the deflagration.
- AAA-Water Insulation Assurance : Allows the PDC electrodes to be isolated, maintaining their potential difference at all times in extreme rain conditions due to electron displacement. By having a dual energy block, the load of the main system is ensured.
- AAE-Electric Arc Lengthening : Prevents the deposition of highly conductive carbon on the PDC electrodes, maintaining its potential difference and preventing self-discharge of the energy block.
ISOLATED RAIN SYSTEM: TOTAL INSULATION GUARANTEE
THE PDC ADVANCE + GUARANTEES THE FUNCTIONING OF ITS PRIMING DEVICE AND ITS EFFECTIVENESS IN PROTECTION IN EXTREME RAIN CONDITIONS THANKS TO THE “ISOLATED RAIN” SYSTEM.
This system guarantees total insulation in adverse atmospheric conditions provided by the insulating sheaths that surround the electrodes. These covers prevent the rain from putting the metal body of the lightning rod (at atmospheric potential) in electrical contact with the metal shaft (at ground potential) .
When a PDC does not have this insulation guarantee and adverse atmospheric conditions occur, such as heavy rain, electrodes with different potentials can come into contact and cause a short circuit in the ignition device that prevents the lightning rod from offering the necessary safety, drastically reducing your radius of protection.
Tests and trials
The PDC Advance + has successfully passed the following tests in accordance with the UNE 21186, NFC 17102 and NP 4426 standards:
- Dimensional analysis: ensure that dimensions are based on standards.
- Current resistance: certified 200 kA (10/350 μs) – Ensures operation in very energetic discharges.
- Adverse atmospheric conditions: certificate of resistance against saline mists and humid sulphurous atmospheres.
- Priming advance: guarantees the protection radius.